Tanks

A forum for players of GF9's 'Tanks' table-top skirmish game.

A34 Black Prince

Admin
    Admin

A34 Black Prince

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 am

As my son and I are both fans of "what if" wargaming, we've often discussed the idea of introducing prototype tanks into the game.  So, for your consideration, here is my first attempt.  Comments are welcomed.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Altered link to image)

What a picture to fill your head.
    Tenente
    Lance Corporal

Re: A34 Black Prince

Post by Tenente on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:20 am

Admin wrote:As my son and I are both fans of "what if" wargaming, we've often discussed the idea of introducing prototype tanks into the game.  So, for your consideration, here is my first attempt.  Comments are welcomed.

Hmmm, did it have heavier armour than a Tiger II (not Konigs Tiger I mean)? It looks that way from the 3 defense dice compared to a Tiger which has only 2. Black Prince had 152 mm, that's for sure, however, frontal armor of a Tiger II was 185 mm. So am I missing something here, I mean was there effectively more protection to the Black Prince, or was it planned in such a way that even if a penetration was made, it was still less probable to knock it out when compared to a Tiger II?

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:14 pm