Tanks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tanks

A forum for players of GF9's 'Tanks' table-top skirmish game.

5 posters

KV-2 needing suggestions

OCDPaul
    OCDPaul
    Tanker

KV-2 needing suggestions Empty KV-2 needing suggestions

Post by OCDPaul Sun May 06, 2018 6:54 am

KV-2 needing suggestions Kv2car10

So my first attempt at making one of these since I couldn't find one floating around the net. I stole the base card from Tenente (hope you don't mind!).

The base line stats I started with are from Zerstorer from the old forum:

"For the KV-2, I would use 2-5-2-6, coordinated fire, big gun, heavy tank, slow tank, 36 pts."

Comparing that with the ISU-152 and the other official cards the numbers seem fair. I knocked it down cost wise to 30, figuring the stronger Late-Tiger was at 33. Looking at the Early Tiger's 4-5-2-7 for only 29 points, makes me want to cut it down to 28pts cost.

The other thing I loath to put on is the Slow, raw speed it's at Churchill levels, but then again, cross country with a poor engine+transmission along with its slow turret rotation, I can understand the mobility hit here more than any other.

Any wisdom from the crowd is very appreciated and the card is easily editable!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

KV-2 needing suggestions Empty Re: KV-2 needing suggestions

Post by Admin Sun May 06, 2018 8:01 am

For the most part it looks good. Reports suggest that the KV-2 was a tough beast and could take a lot of punishment despite its high profile making it an obvious target.

One point that might considered, though. Some sources say that the oversized turret could have difficulty traversing unless on flat ground. I'm not sure how this could be dealt with in game terms but it is certainly something to consider.
    OCDPaul
    OCDPaul
    Tanker

Post by OCDPaul Sun May 06, 2018 4:40 pm

I've head about some balancing problems before
    KV-2 needing suggestions Kv2sma11
    but like with the bridge-layer discussion there aren't a lot of default tables that have inclines (yet!)

I wouldn't mind at all on if you're on uneven ground and you have to turn the turret in your shooting phase that you pass a Stability Check and on a 1-3 you tip over and are taken out and on 4-6 you could then proceed to shoot. The tank just has so many special conditions already it almost needs a second card Smile  As a house rule I'll either use this or modify, maybe 1-2 tip and 3-6 you're A-Okay.
    I also need to neaten up the card some, MS Paint late at night left regrets with some sloppiness.
    Tenente
    Tenente
    Lance Corporal

Post by Tenente Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Hmmm. Well, first comment - brilliant! I like you idea. Now, with regards to uneven ground is hard to simulate. But as a suggestion. If on an incline (even the slightest one), you turn the turret to shoot at anything that is but at your 0000, then roll a D6. On a 1-2, your tank becomes fixed turret forward facing - just like an assualt gun.

It looked like a beast, and terrified the Germans, but it's slow rate of fire and unwieldy turret made it somewhat more on the looks than physical effect. But that's great, cheers for that. One of the all time favorites it is good to go as is.
    OCDPaul
    OCDPaul
    Tanker

Post by OCDPaul Sat May 12, 2018 1:01 am

Tenente wrote:Hmmm. Well, first comment - brilliant! I like you idea. Now, with regards to uneven ground is hard to simulate. But as a suggestion. If on an incline (even the slightest one), you turn the turret to shoot at anything that is but at your 0000, then roll a D6. On a 1-2, your tank becomes fixed turret forward facing - just like an assualt gun.

It looked like a beast, and terrified the Germans, but it's slow rate of fire and unwieldy turret made it somewhat more on the looks than physical effect. But that's great, cheers for that. One of the all time favorites it is good to go as is.

Thank you!! And I so love the assault gun rule you came up with, much better than anything I was thinking of, especially with the low initiative of the KV2 allowing flank attacks to take advantage of this. Also thanks for the feedback for the other cards too, they really can be fun to make. Smile
    Tenente
    Tenente
    Lance Corporal

Post by Tenente Sat May 12, 2018 3:33 am

No worries. That is why two heads is better than one, and if more will come along someday, then even better. I have some draft ideas for other stuff as well, so as soon as something fitting appears here or there, and if they will fit the bill, I'll give my suggestions there as well.

P.S.

Like the GuP reference there - it fits the topic well! Laughing Very Happy
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    Tanker

Post by PaulAlfredGroschupf Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:04 am

I think maybe 8hp and 35 points otherwise all good (also I wouldn't put in the balancing rule because we have to remember this is a game and don't want technicalities to ruin the fun of it) Very Happy
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    Tanker

Post by PaulAlfredGroschupf Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:23 pm

how can I insert an image
    Tenente
    Tenente
    Lance Corporal

Post by Tenente Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:00 am

Just sent the instruction set, hope it makes sense...
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    Tanker

Post by PaulAlfredGroschupf Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:43 am

just my design let me know what you thinkKV-2 needing suggestions Micros13
    Tenente
    Tenente
    Lance Corporal

Post by Tenente Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:45 am

Ummm, there seems to be an issue with yours coming through... strange... try e-mailing it to me as well to infinityhersir@gmail.com if your attempts fail again, and I'll post it.
    BigEddie93
    BigEddie93
    Tanker

Post by BigEddie93 Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:57 am

KV-2 needing suggestions Stats12

Apologies for the lack of decoration but these are the stats I came up with. Can discuss later but it's 5am Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content