Tanks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tanks

A forum for players of GF9's 'Tanks' table-top skirmish game.

2 posters

Tiger porshe

PaulAlfredGroschupf
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    Tanker

Tiger porshe Empty Tiger porshe

Post by PaulAlfredGroschupf Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:40 am

Tiger porshe Micros31
    BigEddie93
    BigEddie93
    Tanker

Tiger porshe Empty Re: Tiger porshe

Post by BigEddie93 Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:32 am

I like the comedic approach to the above; though the game seems to function not too dissimilar to things like World of Tanks and War Thunder, in that it assumes the vehicles are functioning as intended, and does not take into account design flaws such as unreliability. If it did, the Panther would suffer transmission problems, the Tiger engine problems and most of the Russian vehicles spontaneous breakdowns.

These are the stats I came up with, though I've not yet made a nice looking card. Essentially very similar to the 'early' Tiger card, but with alterations. The same as above but minus the 'Engine Problems' and with a slightly higher points cost.

Tiger porshe Stats11
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    Tanker

Post by PaulAlfredGroschupf Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:14 am

just thought it would make the game interesting on the basis that the reliability of this tnk wa shocking
    BigEddie93
    BigEddie93
    Tanker

Post by BigEddie93 Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:14 pm

PaulAlfredGroschupf wrote:just thought it would make the game interesting on the basis that the reliability of this tnk wa shocking

Oh yeah, absolutely. Like I said, it's an amusing rule. I certainly think I might try it out. Having the tank for 35 points instead of 38 would be handy, as it drops the cost of two down to 70 from 76, meaning you could take a better third tank or better equipment.

However, if this rule is going to be applied to the Tiger P then it should, at least, be applied to the Ferdinand/Elefant/Sd.Kfz. 184 as well I think, since they were so closely related.

Conversely, although the VK45.01 (P) prototype did undoubtedly suffer from it's Porsche Type 101 powerplants being prone to spontaneous up-fuckery, the subsequent vehicles used different engines, replacing the two Type 101s for two Maybach HL120 TRM engines as used in some Pz. II, IV and STuG variants. The Sd.Kfz. 184 was renowned for catching fire whilst ascending inclines but this is, I believe, largely attributed to the electrical drive being overloaded. Since the games are usually played on flat boards I don't think this is relevant.

So the question then becomes are we representing the VK45.01 (P) OR are we representing Pz.Bfw.VI (P)? The prototype had the Type 101 engine and only 100mm of frontal armour, the command tank issued to sPzJgrAbt 653 had the Maybach and 200mm.
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    PaulAlfredGroschupf
    Tanker

Post by PaulAlfredGroschupf Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:42 pm

my photoshop will not work anymore but you can add rules to it because it is unnofficial

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 am